Monday, April 9, 2012

The road to naturality

And so it begins. I recently went natural with my hair (trust me, natural African hair is a challenge). Starting with the fear of how I will be perceived, you know the old tale - employers won't hire you if you have natural hair- and stories like that. I then realized that because I had such notions implanted in my head, it was very easy to construe my interactions with people to reflect these thoughts.
So the first step is to squash such negativity. Easier said than done because it requires daily reflection, but it is the effort that counts.
Next step figure out a style that becomes of me and can be easily manage. My biggest pet peeve is spending more time on my hair than I spend eating... (yes I am a foodie, lol).
Finally, I need this hair to grow so it can be easier to maintain. Hence, I am switching to all natural products: oils (olive, coconut, tea tree etc), and regular deep conditioning, per my natural hair friendie: Nike

So here we go :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment